Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mom 101 (make-up #1)

Most mornings my kids eat oatmeal for breakfast.  Whenever I cook breakfast they eat oatmeal.  It's easy and most importantly it's nutritious.  I have it down to a science - I can whip up a bowl in under three minutes.  I use the microwave because I like to cook the oatmeal with milk and I don't like the smell of boiling milk.  Here's the routine:
1.  Pour 3/4 c. of milk in the bowl.
2.  Add 1/2 c. of oats (I use Quaker non-quick cooking oats)
3.  Cook for 1 minute, stir, cook for 1 more minute.
4.  Now here's the Thing I Do: I use frozen blueberries to cool the oatmeal.  It's so easy AND it makes a nutritious, tasty breakfast even more nutritious and tasty!  I try to use wild blueberries because they're supposed to be better for you and that makes me happy.
I read a similar tip somewhere except they used frozen milk cubes.  That doesn't work for me because I don't want to waste space in my freezer for ice cube trays, plus it would be too much liquid once the milk cubes melted. 



No comments: