Friday, March 16, 2012

"Two-for" Friday

Ok, well Thursday is my Busy Day with multiple drop-offs until after 2 pm which is why there was no MOM 101 tip yesterday, even though I promised four in a row.  To make up for it, here are two MOM 101 tips AND a Friday Foto (another new series I am incorporating.  More on that later and separately.)

MOM 101 tip #1:  When you finish a carton of milk, fill the now-empty container with water (about 1/2 full).  Shake well and use that milk-water to water your plants/garden.  The milk residue is good for the plants.  My aunt does this and she can grow ANYTHING.  Forget about a green thumb - she has a green arm!
MOM 101 tip #2: When babies are sick with a cold and stuffy nose, a vaporizer in their room is good for them.  In addition put Vapor-rub on the soles of their feet.  I don't know why this works but it does!  Right before bed, and again in the morning, rub their little feet with the Vapor-rub cream/gel (whatever it is.)  As a side note I know some people don't like the smell of Vapor-rub but I do!  I think it's invigorating and really clears the sinuses in a good way :)

No comments: